What makes The Bush Lodge special?
Great base for exploration: Located near Queen Elizabeth National Park, Lake Edward, and Lake George, there are plenty of safari opportunities within close proximity.
Budget-friendly option: At a great price, The Bush Lodge also offers a safari camp that is affordable and authentic to the safari experience. Expect a great outdoor atmosphere close to nature with excellent food and friendly service.
Built with the wild in mind: The lodge is designed in such a way to help maximize privacy as well as enhance the safari aspects of the lodge for a fully immersive experience during your stay.
There are multiple accommodation options available to you at The Bush Lodge:
- Bandas - 12 self-contained bandas placed between the forest bush. Built on a raised wooden platform with huge mosquito netted windows allowing a 180-degree view. Each room has a private terrace overlooking the stunning Kamera river. All bandas have an en-suite bathroom with running water.
- Self Contained-Tent - for some privacy and a real bush experience, there are two self-contained tents. Ideal for families, an extra tent can be placed on the adjacent platform.
- Non-Self-Contained Tent - furnished with comfortable beds, a bedside table and a power outlet. All tents are placed under a grass thatched roof, creating your private terrace and providing shade. The tents share a communal block with showers and flushing toilets.
Activities at The Bush Lodge
There is an abundance of activities available for you to enjoy at The Bush Lodge.
Here are just a few of our favourites:
- Game drives in the neighbouring Queen Elizabeth National Park, perfect for spotting elephants
- Relaxing boat trips along the Kazinga Channel
- A tour around the impressive Katwe salt crater lake
- Chimpanzee trekking in Kyambura Gorge
Getting to The Bush Lodge
The Bush Lodge is located just off the main road from Kasese to Mbarara. 500m after the bridge over Kazinga Channel, a signpost will direct you down a road that will take you to the lodge, located around 2km further down.
When you book with us, we will be more than happy to arrange these connections for you.
Ready to plan your African adventure?
We'll spend some time listening to your aspirations, then discuss the kind of experience that might suit you.
Next we'll discuss the options, shortlist the best trips for you and present you our impartial recommendations.
We'll place a 24 hour hold on your preferred option - without obligation - whilst we talk through the details.