Trip Summary and Itinerary Map
This trip can work as a standalone adventure, or in combination with other destinations in Uganda. The itinerary below starts and ends in Entebbe, but we can arrange transfers to and from the mountains no matter where you are coming from.
This trip works well along the south-western safari circuit of Uganda. Enquire for details.
The itinerary can be customised to suit your fitness levels, time constraints, budget, and wider travel plans. For more information and different itineraries, check out our ultimate guide to the Rwenzori Mountains.
Day 1: Hike to the Sine Camp
As the adventure begins, complete a briefing with your guides at Kilembe (1,450m), before beginning the trek to Sine Camp at 2,596 metres. You will hike through the forests of the Afro-montane forest zone. This is a steady climb for about 6km before passing through a steep section towards Sine Camp.
The hike is a great opportunity to see some of the flora and fauna of the Rwenzoris, including Colobus Monkeys. Today you will cover a total distance of approximately 9.5km over 5-6 hours.
Day 2: Sine Camp to Kilembe
After a good breakfast, set off towards the trail down to the beautiful Enock falls, just a few hundred metres from Sine Camp. Crossing the river, begin a steady descent hike through the forest towards the base camp. Another great opportunity to spot Colobus Monkeys and plenty of bird life.
Debrief at base camp before continuing your onward journey.
Prices, Departures and Inclusions
Prices are per person based on 2 people travelling together. Additional $35/night park fee payable at the Rwenzori park gates.
Price depends on group size:
1-2 person group: US$216 per person for the trek starting and ending in Kilembe.
3+ person group: US$195 per person for the trek starting and ending in Kilembe.
We run group treks and solo treks. You can book any date, and the number of other people in the group will simply depend on how many other travellers have booked to be in the mountains for those dates. If no one else has booked for your dates, the trek will run as a private tour.
Maximum group size for the high altitude treks is 8 or 9, or up to 15 for low altitude treks.
- Guides & porters throughout the 10-day trek
- All meals
- Accommodation throughout the trek in dormitory-style huts along the trail
- All technical equipment (except crampons) - none required on low altitude treks.
- Accommodation before and after the trek
- Transport to and from Kilembe
- Flights or visa fees
- Anything not mentioned as included
- Note that we can arrange transfers to and from the trailhead for you at additional cost, or if you're including the Rwenzoris as part of a wider itinerary with us, then transport to and from Kilembe and accommodation before/after the trek will be included.