Why We Like This Lodge
- Splendid Location: Not only does this open-frontend lodge have panoramic views of the Sambiya River, leopard country and the surrounding green hills, but it is also situated just 20 minutes from the top of Murchison Falls, making it the perfect base to start any adventure.
- Fantastic wildlife viewing: Set overlooking the Sambiya River, guests can observe wildlife from the comfort of the veranda, as they have a drink from the river. At night, the river is illuminated by floodlights so that you can see the park's nocturnal animals too, while you enjoy your dinner.
- Great selection of activities: Sambiya Lodge offers several activities, past guest favourites include: fishing for Nile perch, hiking to the falls, game drives, nature walks, and chimpanzee tracking in the nearby Budongo Forest Reserve.
- Ugandan Hospitality: This lodge is known for its impeccable customer service, welcoming staff and excellent food, so if you want to experience the pure Ugandan hospitality, this is the place to stay.
- Eco-friendly: Sambiya prioritizes being kind to its surrounding environment by relying on solar power, local materials and reducing waste.
20 secluded thatched-roof bandas with private bathroom and verandas are perfect for those who want a little luxury and privacy on their travels through Uganda.
However, if you are travelling on a budget, you can choose from 12 cheaper bandas, nine of which are self-contained, and three with shared facilities.
Sambiya River Lodge has a restaurant and bar that serves a blend of international and regional dishes, emphasizing local produce, in line with their eco-friendly ethos.
The swimming pool and thatched veranda are great for escaping the afternoon sun, while the communal campfire at night allows you to swap tales of the day's adventures, with a cold drink in hand, in true safari style.
Due to its superb location, Sambiya River Lodge is the perfect base for many Murchison Falls National Park activities.
Located only 20 minutes from the top of the falls, you are in prime position to hike to the top of the falls or take a relaxing river cruise down the Nile.
If you fancy something a little different, fishing for Nile perch is a popular activity with guests who stay here, or you can go trekking to see the chimpanzees in the Budongo Forest Reserve, which is only a 45min drive away.
Early morning game drives are highly recommended with their resident UWA guide, who is a great storyteller and very knowledgeable on the park's wildlife.
Our Most Popular Uganda Trips
Combine chimp trekking in Kibale Forest with mountain gorilla treks in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park. A well-paced highlights tour unlocking some of Uganda's most impressive experiences. Consider breaking up the journey from Kibale to Bwindi with a classic safari at…
Light adventuring and charming safaris in Lake Mburo National Park coupled with lakeside retreats and days of reflection and exploration around Lake Mutanda. Close out the trip with a few days canoeing, kayaking, mountain biking and more in Jinja, Uganda's…
Discover the exceptional bio-diversity of Uganda by combining the beautiful savannah grasslands of Murchison Falls National Park with chimpanzee trekking in the forests of Kibale National Park. Connect the dots with epic road trips looping through northwestern Uganda.…